Lapis lazuli is one of the most ancient stones and it’s a beautiful arrangement in jewelry: never have blue and gold been so in touch. This stone has been a sacred stone, a healing stone, and even a decorative stone over the course of history. Are you attracted to a royal blue color? Are you mesmerized by the blue night sky? Or need a boost of trust in yourself? This is a stone for visionaries.
The spiritual meaning of lapis lazuli
This is a crystal that is said to activate the third eye chakra (for mental clarity). It’s a perfect stone because it sharpens your intuition and it’s a guide to your desired path. It’s also a harmonious stone that reminds you of the importance of getting along with your family and friends, so that you can appreciate your life even more. It’s a wisdom and adventure stone.
Hold on to a lapis lazuli stone when you are doing meditation, reiki, and other energy healing work to keep yourself protected from unwanted energies.
You can sleep with this crystal, because it is said that it can induce a peaceful rest. Pick up the stone, set your intentions for a good night’s rest and put it under your pillow, or just sleep with the Wonther Good Vibes Locket on.
How to clean lapis lazuli
Lapis lazuli can be cleaned under running water, but before doing so, please remove the stone from the Good Vibes Locket, because precious materials such as silver don’t go well with water or humidity.
You can also use a soft cloth to wipe it instead, especially if your lapis lazuli has a lot of calcite inclusions.
For energetic cleansing, you want to be careful with the salt method so as not to scratch the surface of the polished pieces. Also, you need to remove the stone from the Good Vibes Locket before doing so.
Note: Lapis lazuli is sensitive to strong pressure and high temperatures so keep it out of hot water and avoid pressing on it, because this crystal scratches very easily.
Fun facts about lapis lazuli
This is a crystal that used to have a central role in many civilizations. Therefore, these are some things you might find interesting:
- Some old references to sapphire were references to lapis lazuli.
- One of the first eye shadows was lapis lazuli mixed with oil, with women creating a blue paste to be used as eye shadow.
- The painter Vermeer used lapis lazuli for his famous ultramarine paints.
- In Ancient Egypt, pharaohs wore lapis lazuli pendants portraying the goddess of truth.
- In a grave from the Indus valley, the lapis lazuli ornaments found were dated as being 9000 years old.
- By the end of the Middle Ages, lapis lazuli began to be exported to Europe, where it was ground into powder and made into ultramarine, the finest and most expensive of all pigments.
- Famous Michelangelo used lapis lazuli powder to paint the Sistine Chapel.
- This stone was very used in old Egypt as a healer.
- Lapis lazuli is the alternative to turquoise and ruby as birthstones for December.
- The word lapis is the Latin «lapis» meaning stone, and lazuli comes from an old Arabic word, «allazjward», meaning heaven, sky or simply blue.
Is lapis lazuli a stone or a crystal?
Both. Lapis lazuli is considered a semi-precious gemstone. It is a metamorphic rock because it incorporates different crystals, with the main crystal being lazurite. But besides blue lazurite, you can find white calcite and gold pyrite, sometimes sodalite, hauyne, afghanize, and other stones. The blue color is due to the presence of sulfur.
The Good Vibes Locket with lapis lazuli
The Wonther Good Vibes Locket can incorporate several stones or crystals, and one of them is lapis lazuli, one of our favorite stones. It’s a stone that has been used in jewelry pieces since ancient times. Please take care of the necklace and the stone. This is a “soft stone”, meaning it can chip easily. No stone is like another, so your stone is unique and… yours only. Remember, this stone is unique, and it will bring you power, peace, and wisdom. If you feel attracted to this stone, this is your stone!